& Software Engineering
Address the needs of dynamic, ever-evolving technology sectors with extensive IT competence.
Course Duration: Full-time 3 years or Part-time 5 years
Intakes: September | January | April
Mode of Study: Online
In today’s digital age, the demand for advanced technological knowledge is high. The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Software Engineering is specifically designed to address the needs of dynamic, ever-evolving technology sectors and to prepare students for success in the IT industry.
The program is designed to ensure that each student has a detailed knowledge of information technology and is equipped with the skills needed to adapt rapidly to change at a junior or middle management level, with aspirations of higher management within their organisation or industry.
Welcome to Eton University's Bachelor of Science in IT and Software Engineering—a cutting-edge program designed to equip students with the technical expertise and problem-solving skills needed to excel in the fast-paced world of Information Technology and Software Engineering.
Our Bachelor of Science in IT and Software Engineering program offers a comprehensive and hands-on learning experience, combining the latest industry trends with a strong theoretical foundation. Throughout this program, students will gain the knowledge and practical skills necessary to design and implement innovative IT solutions that drive businesses forward.
The program consists of 18 modules, carefully curated to provide a well-rounded education in IT and Software Engineering.
The standard duration of the program is three years. However, at Eton University, we understand that every student's learning journey is unique. As such, we offer the flexibility for students to decide the pace at which they wish to study. Whether you prefer an accelerated path or a more gradual approach, you have the freedom to shape your academic journey.
For an optimal study experience, we recommend enrolling in two modules per quarter, resulting in a program completion duration of nine quarters (approximately 2.25 years). For those seeking an accelerated pace, taking a full load of three modules per quarter enables you to earn your bachelor's degree in just six quarters (approximately 1.5 years).
For entry onto the BSc in Information Technology programme that includes Foundation Year, learners must:
● Have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment criteria.
● Should be at least 16 years old
● Preferably to have secondary/high school diploma
For entry onto the BSc in Information Technology programme that skips Foundation Year, learners must have:
● Relevant NQF/QCF Level 3 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent
● Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
● Mature learners (over 21) with management experience
English requirements: If a learner is not a national of an English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency* at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below,
● Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
● Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 51
● IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
*Candidates who do not have evidence of English competency can take an internal exam with Eton University which is offered in collaboration with Think English. This internal exam is offered to Eton University applicants at the exclusive rate of $45.
A variety of assignments and tasks will be used to support learning and assess the knowledge, such as essays, presentations, and multiple-choice questions.
To obtain a BSc in IT and Software Engineering candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
A pass in all modules and a successful completion of minimum 360 credits in total
Our Foundation year is delivered in partnership with OTHM. Foundation year (Level 3 diploma by OTHM) is encouraged, however, not mandatory if an applicant already possesses the equivalent certificate. The foundation year adds an additional 120 UK credits to the Bachelor’s degree consisting of 360 UK credits.
Unit 1: Academic English and Study Skills
This module is designed to help students develop competence in and awareness of academic English and study skills in in preparation for entry to an undergraduate degree programme.
Unit 2: Foundation Mathematics
The aim of this module is to consolidate learners’ knowledge of mathematics and to introduce more topics in the areas of statistical methods and linear algebra. As the business world embraces the use of bigger data in all areas of operation, the mathematical techniques taught in this module will be necessary to aid in the understanding of data, valuable in enhancing future employment prospects.
Unit 3: Foundation Computing
This module provides an introduction to computing and the concepts of hardware and its uses. Learners will gain an understanding of data systems and data presentation, key aspects of computer networks and the importance of ethical and legal issues in relation to computing.
Unit 4: Society and Culture
The module introduces students to a variety of contemporary issues related to society and culture, enabling learners to understand social and cultural literacy by developing their knowledge and understanding of societies and cultures.
Unit 5: Introduction to Business
This unit will provide learners with knowledge and understanding of how different forms of business ownership operate. It will cover how businesses are run in terms of their form of ownership, the impact of external factors on business success, understanding the different objectives businesses may have, and the key functional areas within a business which enable it to operate effectively.
Unit 6: Foundation Accounting and Economics
This module provides an introduction to the fundamentals of accounting and economics. Learners will gain an understanding of financial reports through their preparation, based on the double-entry bookkeeping system which is essential for the management of any organisation. The unit will also develop learners’ understanding of how economic issues affect choices about resources and markets and how consumers, producers and governments interact in markets nationally and internationally.
Dual Certification and Progression Opportunities
Dual Certification with Eton University and OTHM Diploma
As part of our commitment to enhancing your learning journey, students studying Eton University degree programs have a unique opportunity to earn additional British accredited certifications during their studies—the OTHM Diploma. This dual certification pathway provides numerous benefits for your career advancement and personal development.
Benefits of OTHM Diploma and Dual Certification
1. Enhanced Employability: The OTHM Diploma adds significant value to your resume, setting you apart in a competitive job market. Employers recognize the high standards of British-accredited certifications, increasing your employability prospects.
2. Specialized Knowledge: The OTHM Diploma focuses on specific IT areas, providing you with specialized knowledge and skills that complement your degree studies and make you a well-rounded IT professional.
3. Flexible Learning: OTHM courses are compatible with Eton University's degree programs, ensuring a seamless integration of the dual certification pathway into your academic journey.
4. Diverse Opportunities: With Level 4, 5, and 6 Diplomas in Information Technology, you gain a comprehensive understanding of IT principles, preparing you for diverse roles and responsibilities in the IT industry.
Equivalencies of OTHM Diploma in relation to University years
These diplomas have been meticulously designed to complement and align with the university's Bachelor's degree program, offering a seamless and progressive pathway to academic success.
OTHM Level 3 Diploma - Equivalent to University's Foundation Year: For students who are required to study a foundation year as a preparatory step to their Bachelor's degree, we are delighted to offer the OTHM Level 3 Diploma. This diploma is tailored to provide a solid foundation in essential subjects, setting our students on the right path for a successful academic journey. Upon completion of this diploma, students will be well-prepared to progress to our university's Bachelor's degree program.
OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology - Follows Year 1 of Bachelor's Degree: Following the completion of Year 1 of our Bachelor's degree program, students will be awarded the prestigious OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology. This diploma represents a significant milestone in their academic journey, recognizing their advanced knowledge and skills in various aspects of information technology.
OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology - Follows Year 2 of Bachelor's Degree: Following the completion of Year 2 of our Bachelor's degree program, students will be awarded the prestigious OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology. This comprehensive diploma prepares our students to be independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology
OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology - Equivalent to Year 3 of Bachelor's Degree: Finally, as our students progress through Year 3 of our Bachelor's degree program, they will have the opportunity to achieve the esteemed OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology. This diploma signifies the successful completion of our university's rigorous Bachelor's degree program, and it demonstrates our students' mastery of information technology skills.
How to Obtain OTHM Diploma
To pursue the OTHM Diploma alongside your Bachelor's degree, follow these simple steps:
1. Request to include the OTHM Diploma as an add-on to your Bachelor's course during enrollment.
2. Pay the registration and course fee for the OTHM Diploma in convenient installments.
3. Successfully complete the OTHM assessments to demonstrate your proficiency.
4. Pay the graduation fee upon completion.
5. Receive your OTHM certificates: Level 4, 5, and 6 Diplomas in Information Technology.
Integrating OTHM courses into your BSc program does not increase your overall study workload. As both programs are compatible, you can seamlessly navigate through the curriculum. However, you should be prepared for an additional assessment workload to meet the requirements of both Eton University and OTHM assessments.
Progression to Arden University's Final Year
For students studying BSc in IT at Eton University who have chosen to include OTHM as an Add-on, we are thrilled to present an exceptional opportunity—a seamless progression to the final year of a recognized British degree BA (Hons) Computing (top-up) at Arden University.
Why Choose Arden University for Degree Completion
1. Prestigious British Degree: Arden University is a respected institution known for its high-quality education and British degree accreditation, adding further value to your academic achievements.
2. Specialized Top-Up Year: By progressing to Arden University's top-up year, you will delve deeper into advanced ITconcepts, gaining specialized knowledge and expertise in your chosen field.
3. Enhanced Employability: A British degree from Arden University enhances your employability and opens doors to diverse career opportunities, both nationally and internationally.
4. Flexible Learning Options: Arden University offers flexible learning options, enabling you to tailor your study schedule to fit your personal and professional commitments.
How to Progress to Arden University
1. Express Your Interest: Once you have included OTHM as an Add-on to your BSc program at Eton University, express your interest in completing your degree with Arden University.
2. OTHM Level 4 and 5 Diploma in Information Technology: During your second year of study at Eton University, successfully complete the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in IT showcasing your proficiency in advanced IT skills.
3. Facilitated Progression: Our dedicated admissions team at Eton University will assist and guide you through the seamless progression process to Arden University's top-up year.
4. Payable Fees: For progression to Arden University, applicable fees will be payable to Arden University, as per the fees published on their website at the time of enrollment.
Read More About Progression to Arden University:
To learn more about this exciting opportunity and our partnership with Arden University, please follow this link or get in touch with our dedicated advisors. They are ready to provide comprehensive guidance and answer any questions you may have.
Embark on this journey to complete your MBA degree with a renowned British university and prepare to shine as a skilled and accomplished business professional. Together, let's unlock a world of possibilities for your future success.
The BSc Information Technology and Software Engineering can lead into a number of careers in this fast-growing field. From analysis, to data science to consultancy, a degree of this kind can provide students with the confidence to pursue an area of information technology and software engineering they are passionate about. This program also allows for progression into postgraduate study.
Careers related to this degree include:
Full Stack Developer
Information Security Analyst
Software Quality Assurance
Students will study this program through our Hybrid Learning model.
This virtual study mode allows flexibility and expert-led teaching to be accessed from anywhere. Students only need their laptop and a stable internet connection. Each module contains 4 one-to-one or small group sessions with the tutor. Sessions are recorded and available to be rewatched at any time through the learning portal. The learning management system gives students access to course materials and resources relevant to the study programme, such as textbooks, presentations, case studies and guides. If required, additional private tuition hours can be booked.
Our program is delivered in partnership with OTHM
OTHM is a British awarding organization who offer a range of diplomas which lead to degree top-up programs. You can find out more information about our affiliation here.